From:
Ed Gyllenhaal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 14:19:39 GMT
Recently our museum, which is part of a private educational institution,
has been conducting fire drills very frequently, i.e. once a month. During
these drills everyone must leave the building, regardless of what activity
they are engaged in. Needless to say, this can be very disruptive. We were
unsure whether our administrators were making us do this for insurance
reasons, or because of state law. We recently found out that our insurance
company does *not* require this.

Does anyone know if Pennsylvania state law requires this for private
educational institutions? Do other museums have fire drills? If so, how
often? Are they done when the public is present in the museum?

Please respond either to the list or to [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Ed