From:
"V.F. Clare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 15:38:57 +0100
> Sorry to respond to the entire list, but my attempt to send this message
> directly to Leicester failed.

Seems a bit odd - could you have sent it to vfcl (ell) instead of vfc1
(one)?

> I was one (of two )
> > who developed "The White Glove Test" which was sent to Leicester
> >a few months ago.

We got it but had problems getting it to run - it refused to work at
all on the departmental network, and though it installed OK to my own
stand-alone pc, said pc is a bit lacking in the RAM department, and
thus had problems with the large bitmaps.  Still enough came through
for a general idea.

> > I am currently using Authorware to develop a
> > program that teaches a segment of Alberta history.  Once again, the learning
> > takes place while engaged in a game.

I am also looking at a game/'museum simulation' approach, though
since it's aimed at postgraduate students and people who are actually
working in museums, the approach should be slightly different. It's
very important it shouldn't appear patronising, though obviously it
also has to be useable for beginners (and people who know slightly
less than they think they do. . . )

> > I have some notes concerning the design of interactive curriculum (the
> > interactive part is going to be your conceptual challenge -- I
>firmly believe
> > that computers should not be used as some sort of electronic book that you
> read
> > page after page after page).

I am with you on that one!

>> If you would like this info I can send it to
> > you.

Thanks, that would be very helpful

I'm also willing to be a sounding board.

Many thanks I amy take advantage of this offer!

Victoria Clare