From:
Angela Trigg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 00:22:13 EDT
I am a new subscriber to this list service. Was wondering if anyone out there
was also from a small, local history museum?

I am currently writing a Collections Manual. We have only about 500 items,
focusing on farmlife, textiles, schools, community, etc. Am having trouble,
however, in coming up with a good classification system. In an AASLH leaflet,
they suggest a serial format such as
1 blah blah
   11 blah blah
   12 blah blah

etc. on down to six numbers. This seems like the best format, but am
wondering how detailed to get, what are the different varieties of objects,
etc. Does anyone from a similar museum have a classification system that
seems to work for them that they could E-mail me?? Thanks

Angela Trigg, Director, Gwinnett History Museum in Lawrenceville, Ga.
(metro-Atlanta) E-mail address: [log in to unmask]