From:
Holly Trimper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 1994 15:31:33 -0500
Where did I read recently (1991-ish) that poetry had been making a
substantial comeback/rebound in all forms but especially poetry readings due
in large part to the popularity of rap music?  The article drew comparisons
between poetry and rap, and when you think about it the two forms of
communication are quite similar (once you get past the, ah, particular word
choices made by some rap artists).

Uh oh, I'm gonna get flamed, I can feel it.