From:
Melissa Rosengard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:18:18 -0800
Desmond,

If it helps in your research - The Museum of Western Colorado in Grand
Junction, Colorado has an allosaurus in the front inside entrance that says
threatening phrases (I can't remember exactly what they were) when you put
money in it - I was there when several kids kept begging their parents for
money to keep it going.

I also recall that the La Brea Tar Pits, in Los Angeles, has a saber tooth
cat in a gallery (it's placed next to a window into the working lab) that
accepts money that you have to place in the toothy jaws.

Melissa Rosengard
Western Museums Association