From:
Rosemary Healy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 17:59:12 -0700
Hello out there.  I am cautiously dipping my foot into the Museum List.  I
am a Museum Studies student (University of Newcastle Upon Tyne)doing my
work placement at the Arizona State Museum.  I have been working with
archaeological collections and have been fascinated by what I am learning,
in regards to both museum experience and archaeological knowledge.  I have
applied to my first museum job but feel like I do not really have the
experience to land a job yet. I am interested to hear from any museums,
preferably one with a large and diverse archaeological collection that
needs an intern begnning in August. Any grant money or stipend would be
great but am willing to do it just for the experience.  Have a working
knowledge of NAGPRA, both the legalities and the personal responsibilities
of museum workers.  Have research and development experience, cataloging
(on the PRIME system), documentation and inventory skills.  Have produced
interpretive labels and an education work sheet for an open-air museum in
Northumberland, UK. Been traveling and studying in Baja (Cochimi), Belize,
Guatemala and Mexico.  Anybody that takes the time to read this and needs
a hard working helper, please respond !! Thanks

Rosemary Healy
Arizona State Museum