From:
"A.Ferszt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:19:25 -0700
Robert O. Dahl wrote:

> In article <[log in to unmask]>, "A.Ferszt"
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > My bookmark folder is full of museum Websites, generally from the most
> > well-known museums in the US and Europe. Smaller museums might have a
> > problem in sparing either personnel or money to run a site.
>
> I beg to differ with you, but one of the cheapest and most cost -
> effective changes a small museum can make is to create their own web
> site.
>
> Robert
>
> --
> Robert O. Dahl
> Interpretive Planning and Design
> http://www.azstarnet.com/~ottar

I'm not debating that in the slightest, but our Webmaster is full-time
and does nothing else. Some of the pages are written by other people and
sent along for publishing. Part of my job is checking the pages, but it
is only a very small part as I have other things to do. It could easily
take me one full day a week (and two would be better) to make a proper
job of it.

Creating a Web site is one thing (creating a good site is another matter
as we all know), but it must also be maintained. Displays, events, links
with schools and other organisations, special projects, etc must be
updated constantly. Yes of course we might have more of that than a
small museum, but a small museum needs to do it too.

The money and someone to do it must come from somewhere.