From:
Rusty Culp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 23:22:55 -0800
LyndaK wrote:

>      We are doing some research at the Australian Museum into quality
>      issues, specifically as they relate to exhibitions/public programs.
>      As part of this research I would be grateful if you could take a few
>      brief minutes to answer the following questions:
>
>      1. List 3 aspects/elements/things that *you* would consider in
>      defining quality in museum exhibitions generally. (I am interested in
>      what you *personally* think)
>
>      2. What is your area of work (eg design, education, evaluation,
>      conservation, curatorial, etc)?
>
>      3. Has your institution done any work in this area?
>
>      If there is sufficient interest then I will post the results (but not
>      until after January as we'll be conducting the same questionnaire with
>      our visitors).
>
>      Thanks in advance!
>      Lynda Kelly, Eval Coordinator, Australian Museum, Sydney

Question 1.  A. Clarity of design and visual simplicity of display
furniture and techniques
             B. Proper Lighting to visually enhance the objects
             C. Simplicity and clarity of flow and ease of travel through
the exhibition

Question 2.  Area of work: museum installation design and lighting design

Question 3.  My company, Museum Lighting and Design, has experience in
this area