Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 16:19:47 EST
I'm pretty sure that this is it ("Karen" not being a personal
name, like "Barbi"). However, in my reply to you I committed
the transgression of hubris . . . in this case, the almost
universally wrong assumption that everyone else knows what you
know. "AAT" is the _Art & Architecture Thesaurus_. 1994 was
the publication of of the "second print version," Oxford
University Press, 5 vols, "Published on behalf of The Getty Art
History Information Program." _AAT_ is used in the same way as
the Library of Congress _Subject Headings_, i.e., as a
standardized "controlled vocabulary" authority.
I also referred to supplements: By the wildest conicidence,
this very day the mail brought the latest issue of _User
Friendly: A Newsletter for AAT Users_." In addition to
providing the supplements, changes, lists of proffered
candidate terms, etc., we find in this issue the announcement
of "the publication of _The Art & Architecture Thesaurus:
Authority Reference Tool, Version 2.1, personal computer
software published by [OUP]. This latest update, released in
January 1996, includes all additions to the AAT since the
publication of AAT: ART 2.0 and the second print version, in
1994." _User F_ notes that one significant area of addition is
"Costume."
_User F_ is published out of 62 Stratton Road, Williamstown MA
01267, (413) 458-2151.

According to Ivy Strickler: