From:
Robert Guralnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 1994 12:17:17 PST
        Hi all ---

> If you are involved with projects, large or small, which are
> interesting, innovative or even radical, and you would be willing
> to share  information / provide documentation about your activities, I
> would greatly appreciate hearing from you.

At the University of California Museum of Paleontology, we are in the
early planning stages of developing a multimedia database available thru
Internet.  The multimedia database will. for example, pull up not
only information on type specimens, but also the image of the type specimen.
We could also incorporate sound.

Of course, this database will become part of the growing "virtual
museum" World Wide Web server.

Cheers!

Robert Guralnick
Museum of Paleontology