Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 12:12:17 -0700
Name: Lucy Drown
Department of Archaeology
Museum Studies
Newcastle University

I am doing some research into changing curatorial and public attitudes
toward the display and storage of human remains for a masters thesis at
the University of Newcastle. I am interested in how aware the general
public is concerning the recent debates within the museum profession on
the repatriation issue, and whether this has altered their opinion on
all displays of human remains, or only those connected with ethnographic
collections. I am also interested in the reaction the general museum
visitor has to the display of their own ancestors, and to what extent
the age of the remain is a factor.

If you have any thoughts on this matter, please e-mail me at:

Thanks for your help!