From:
"R. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 1994 11:32:37 GMT
[log in to unmask] (Bayla Singer) wrote:

> The mandatory drug testing policy reminds me of the loyalty-oath
> situation in the 60s.  Unfortunately, it seems to have been
> constitutional then, and is probably still 'legal' in that sense.
>
> Frightened people are  -- well, frightening.

It also reminds me of the recommendations made by the IITF
concerning digital information and what people "might" do
with data held in RAM on their computers. We've been lucky
that, up til now, the idea of prior restraint hasn't set
well with the supreme court but as our institutions become
more diverse there may be a push to guard against what the
"others" *might* do.

If you're in NYC drop by the Whitney and check out the
"Black Male" exhibition.

Robbin Murphy