From:
lucysperlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:24:24 -0700
For those interested in historic jails or prisons, I just yesterday found an
intriguing book which several mom's had decided to remove from the offerings
at our elementary school Book Fair.  It's a Scholastic book titled "World's
Scariest Prisons" by Emma Carlson Berne. As a Social Scientist I found it
very interesting. While not so great for young kids, it could usefully be
required reading for teens learning about prison reform movements. Anyway,
it might provide food for ideas about developing interpretation at prison or
jail museums. (It lists several museums in the source credits.)

Lucy Sperlin