From:
Pamela Sezgin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 02:09:18 EST
Dear Listers,

What's the best form of integrated pest management for a 19th century log
cabin?
I'd appreciate hearing from other museum folks who have 19th log buildings to
find out how to keep those inventive little wood borers at bay.    Our pest
control guy is coming to identify the culprits tomorrow, but I'm concerned
about the best treatments.

My experience with wood before was only with African masks.  We had a special
freezer to get rid of the pests in the masks -- it worked very well and the
artifacts were not harmed.

Are there any booklets on the maintenance of 19th century log houses?  I'm in
the South and  winters are relatively mild.

Thank you for your help!

Pamela Sezgin
Executive Director
North Georgia Mountains History Museum