From:
Micki Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:03:46 -0700
Thank you, thank you for the copious and extremely sensitive advice received
from all over the country on the problem of our high-ranking Board member
who seems to be following an obvious and progressive path to diminished
capacity. Almost everyone recommended bringing in an attorney. Several sent
links to organizations for Alzheimer's and dementia, whose contents were
extremely helpful in evaluating the stages she was experiencing. Many of you
faced this with family members, and the relief I felt to know that others
had dealt with it and willingly shared their knowledge was so intense. One
kind colleague even gave me her home phone number to talk in greater depth!
Through your advice I faced up to requesting (insisting on!) the assistance
of the Executive Committee, found ways to lighten her load and reward her
past efforts, and now have concerned community members who are finding help
for her. I am greatly indebted to you wonderful museum colleagues!

Micki Ryan