From:
Edward Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 14:50:26 -0400
I have been asked to list this job posting for an *entry-level*
full-time position in our collections department.  The people
with more information are not connected to the net; for more
info you will have to call the Seaport's Human Resources
office at (203)572-5346.

Job Opening at Mystic Seaport Museum
Curatorial Department:
Assistant for Collections Management:
Full-time 35 hours per week.  The objective of this position is
to assist in the care and preservation of the museum's
collections in storage, transit, and on exhibition.  Specific
responsibilities will pertain to the print, painting, and textile
collections.  Qualifications; at least two years of collections
management experience and computer literacy.  This person
will work closely with other staff in developing exhibits,
fielding questions and inquiries from other staff members
and outside sources.  Communication skills and problem
solving ability are major assets.  For further information
contact the Human Resources office.  (Obviously, an interest in
or experience with maritime collections would also be an
asset.)

On a very different topic, I have been cut off from the list;
apparently a problem with the digest processor, and haven't
received a posting for over two weeks.  On the one hand, I'm
not spending my lunch hour staring at a computer screen, but
on the other I'm sorry to be missing the "conversation."

Hope to be reconnected soon,

Edward Baker
Mystic Seaport Museum
Mystic, CT

***Oh wow!  The digest caught up with me.  Just opened my
     mailbox and found a digest with 317 messages!***