From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:52:50 -0700
Keni --

Medical emergencies and lost children are everyday
events at large venues, and fairly frequent at smaller
ones. They should be covered within your safety and
security plans and front-line staff, i.e., those who
jobs have them in near constant contact with the
public, should be trained to respond to the situation.

We used to have stickers on our phones instructing us
to call the museum's security office and the officer
on duty would decide whether to call 911 for outside
assistance or handle it internally (minor injuries
(treatable with first aid) to staff and visitors, lost
children, missing elderly person, awol group chaperons
and bus drivers, etc.)

Keep the disaster plan for natural and man-made
disasters that threaten the building(s) and the
collections.

Quoting Keni Sturgeon:

<snip>

> What I've learned is that though the DP is very good
> on the natural and
> man-made disasters, there is little to nothing about
> things such as what to
> do in a medical emergency on  our site or what to do
> in the case of a
> missing child during one of our large events.  Does
> anyone have this sort of
> information in their DP (perhaps it belongs
> elsewhere) and if so, would you
> be willing to share it with me?
>
> Thanks again,
> Keni