From:
"John M. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:12:41 -0500
[NOTE:  This is being posted to several lists.  Please forgive any
duplication.]

LOCAL HISTORY SERVICES ASSISTANT:
Supervisor:  Director, Local History Services
Part-time (20 hours/week), temporary for 17 weeks beginning in March 1997
Hours:  Flexible within the IHS hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Hourly rate: $6.70

Nature of Work
The Local History Services (LHS) department serves the needs of a wide
variety of local historical organizations throughout the state by providing
consultations, training opportunities, loaned resources (mostly
publications), etc.  The LHS Assistant will be primarily engaged in
assisting with a state-wide survey of local historical agencies and the
creation and maintenance of several computer databases vital to the work of
the department.

Duties
This is essentially a position requiring excellent telephone, clerical, and
computer database skills.  Duties may include, but not limited to: computer
database creation and data entry tasks, small research and writing
assignments, and assisting with workshop arrangements.  Overnight travel
may be required on rare occasions.

Qualifications
Required:  Familiarity with IBM or compatible computers and experience with
the Microsoft software programs Word for Windows and Access.  Ability to
type accurately at a minimum of 35 wpm from printed copy.  Flexibility,
honesty, reliability, ability to work alone for extended periods, and
ability to write and communicate in a clear and concise manner.  Preferred:
  Valid drivers license and access to reliable vehicle.

Application procedure
Send a resume, name, current address and telephone numbers of two
references and a letter explaining interest in and qualifications for the
position to: Susan P. Brown, Human Resources Director, Indiana Historical
Society, 315 West Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202-3299.  Applications
must be postmarked by 1 March 1997.

IHS is an equal opportunity employer.

|  John M. Harris, Director           E-mail:   [log in to unmask]  |
|  Local History Services             Phone:    (317) 232-4591              |
|  Indiana Historical Society         Fax:      (317) 233-3109              |
|              URL:      http://www.ihs1830.org/lhs.htm                     |
|      Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.         |