From:
Julia Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 14:38:02 +1000
Can anyone help me with addresses, contacts and suggestions for must-see
heritage sites in the US & Canada? I am planning a visit Oct-Nov this year
and am interested in interpretation. I want to visit Colonial Williamsburg,
Shakertown, Fort Louis/burg(?) in Canada but want to see more.
In general I am intetested in interpretation that makes links between the
site's history and the experience of present-day visitor.In particular, I
am involved with the Port Arthur convict site, a site in Australia which
became notorious 2 years ago for a massacre of 36 people by a lone gunman
but which was previously notorious as a 19th century prison. I am
interested in similar sites with 'difficult' histories.
I am also interested in challenging exhibitions that deal with
controversial and shocking topics.
I would be very grateful for any help - thanks comrades
Julia Clark
Independent Curator & Historian