From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:09:52 -0500
Hello,

I am putting together a Powerpoint slide show of all kinds of discovery carts that can be found in museums. I have lots of images from my own travels, but was wondering if other people would like to share images of their own. This is being produce for an in-house pan-Smithsonian meeting of educators and will not be shared with the public or the profession at large. The point is to show the vast variety of ways all types of museums implement informal, exhibition based interpretation, so don't get hung up on the word "cart" if you use different delivery formats.

If you share with me I will share with you. I will post the slide show for vewing by anyone who contributes.

Again, I am looking for breadth of coverage, not depth of information. If you choose to share this is all I need:

1. An image of the cart in situ. I would prefer to see the whole physical structure of whatever you use with a sense of the content and delivery strategy.

2. Basic info:

Name of institution
Title of cart
Name of any associated exhibition
Any special feature of the cart you think should be called out.

Please keep the above subject so your message does not go into the junk file.

Thanks in advance,

Matt White
Director
Hands On Science Center