From:
Jim Meeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 13:58:10 -0400
We have had several instances where children were allowed to take balloons
into the exhibit spaces. We haven't had anything happen yet and the current
policy is that it's OK for the children to have them, especially since we
gave them out as part of an activity.

My fear is that a child will not be paying attention (nor will their
parents or the security guard) and the string will get caught on an ornate
frame or some 3-D work of art and something will get damaged or it will
come crashing down on the child or who knows what.

Does anyone else have a policy regarding balloons being allowed in their
permanent collection and special exhibit galleries?