From:
Heidi Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:50:35 EDT
Thank you to all who provided information on conservation.  It was very
helpful.

For those of you who would like a review of what I was told, here it is.
We should have a background in Art History, Studio Art, and Chemistory, and
have a portfolio of our own artwork.  There are not many jobs available, they
are hard to find, they don't pay extremely well.
Institutions that have conservation programs include:
Conservation Center Institution of Fine Arts at NYU  212-772-5847
Objects conservation at MMA  212-570-3858
Smithsonian
Harvard
University of Buffalo
University of Delaware/ Winterthur Museum

Hope that helps.  But It doesn't look promising.
Heidi

Heidi L. Anderson
The Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Collections Assistant