Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:39:11 +0100
Fellow Listers:

I am chairing a panel discussion at the Kansas Museum Association
conference next month and thought I might get some input from around the
country (and the world for that matter).  The title of the panel is
"Bringing Living History into Traditional Museums" and I would like to
inquire about YOUR experiences with this topic.

Before you reply, however, let me define some rather loose terms.
"Traditional" museums, in this instance, refers to museums that do not
specialize in living history such as Conner Prairie, Homeplace-1850. etc.
In my case, I am the director of a county history museum that has only
recently dabbled in living history programs as special events to promote
historical awareness and museum related activities.

So, if you have any information, or wish to share a story about your
experiences with this topic, please respond off-line to
<[log in to unmask]>.  Your response is appreciated.

Jay Smith
Executive Director
Reno County Museum
Hutchinson, Kansas