From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:26:46 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  New Zealand's Dinosaur Lady makes a friend
Dr. Joan Wiffen visited Auckland Museum's new dinosaur and chatted with
visitors

**  Local artist takes on a beast of a project
The local sculptor and a team of artists and volunteers completed the
construction of a 21-foot bronze torosaurus four months ago, a life-sized
monument that weighs more than 7,000 pounds

**  Jolie, Pitt visit Alberta's dinosaur exhibit
Wendy Taylor, a spokeswoman for the renowned Royal Tyrrell Museum near
Drumheller, said the actor and companion Angelina Jolie dropped in for a
tour of the dinosaur exhibits Saturday night, and were very gracious and
accommodating
dinomail lists.
Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Birds of a feather
''Dinosaurs are all around us today in a very real sense," said Patrick
O'Connor, a paleontologist at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio, speaking from
Tanzania where he had been digging up dinosaur fossils

**  Island is top 'dinosaur hot-spot'
The Isle of Wight has been named one of the best places in the world to find
dinosaur remains

**  Montana's dinosaur trail is all mapped out
A map from Travel Montana and the www.mtdinotrail.org web site can help you
find the state's 13 dinosaur museums via the state highway system

**  Bird man of the Jurassic caused a flap in science
Before Ostrom's discoveries, dinosaurs were regarded as slow, cold-blooded
and dim-witted reptiles that vanished from Earth 65 million years ago,
leaving behind a few fossils

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

NEW !  RSS news feed at this address:
http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service
to us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History