From:
deborah bain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 May 1997 14:01:58 -0600
>>At 12:23 PM 5/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>>I am looking for art exhibitions targeted to families.
>>>
>>>I am working on case studies that analyze art exhibitions for a family
>>>audience.  If anyone knows of a museum that is developing family art
>>>exhibitions please respond to this e-mail.
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>>
>>>Betsy Kerlin
>>>John F. Kennedy University

A museum close to home, the M.H. de Young Memorial Museum in Golden Gate
Park, San Francisco, has a new hands-on educational gallery dedicated to
children and their families.  I will soon be working in the gallery on the
weekends, facilitating interaction and conducting activities.  The gallery
has about ten display cases, each with a different topic ranging from
portraits to how museum staff develop exhibits.  There is also a computer,
soon to be two, with access to the museum collections.  There is a t.v. and
VCR for showing videos of artists at work, and tables where children and
adults can read about art and respond to the exhibits.

There is usually someone in the gallery conducting activities on Saturdays
and Sundays from 1-4.  Stop by sometime.  Maybe they, or I, can answer some
of your questions.

The Director of Education at the museum is Vas Prabhu.

Hope this helps,
Deborah Bain