From:
C Reeves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:57:20 -0500
We've been discussing bats and bugs and so forth which really wigs me out...
I'm a guy that can't stand bugs... bats no prob.. just mice with wings.

I'm actually a history major with a concentration in forensics and I've
worked too closely with dermestids than I've ever wanted.  My questions are
as follows:

	1)  What kind of collections do dermestids infest? I can
automatically assume they get into biological exhibits (stuffed aminals (as
my daughter says), but what else?

	2)  Are there preventative measures one could take to avoid
infestations?

	3)  How do you get rid of the voracious little creatures if you do
find them amongst your stuff?

Please note, I do not have an infestation, so this is not a priority one
situation.  I'm a curious student.

	On that note, on behalf of all the students on the list (and I'm
quite comfortable doing so), I would like to thank all the professionals and
others employed in the field for taking time to help, guide, correct, and
listen to those of us striving to be where you are.  It gives us hope.

Christopher Reeves

---  As for the bats and squirrels... don't they make some sort of gadget
that clicks or beeps to ward off fuzzy neighbors?