From:
Christian Trabue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:55:50 -0800
I lived in London the year after I graduated from
college in 1997.  I have been back many times since.
I particularly enjoy the following in London:

Donmar Warehouse- This is an excellent venue to view
plays.  The plays are often offbeat and well produced.
 It is a nice change from the very commercial musicals
you will see everywhere.  It is located in Covent
Garden just off Neil Street.

The Pollo Bar- This restaurant is not only a great
place to eat in the west end but it is relatively
inexpensive.  The restaurant itself is dark and not
well decorated but you will not be disappointed with
the food.  I think the pasta is homemade because it is
the best I have tasted outside Italy.  It is located
on Compton Street near the Les Miserable Theatre.

I hope you enjoy your visit.  I am going in Feb.  If
you find any place you particularly enjoy I would love
to hear about it.
Christian Trabue

Serpentine Gallery-  I particularly love this gallery
because of its location.  There is a pond nearby and a
nice little coffee shop.  It is located in Kensington
Gardens.  It features contemporary artists.  The
website address is www.serpentinegallery.org

Mala Restaurant- Indian food is the number one take
away food in Britain.  There are so many restaurants
but I particularly enjoy this one.  It is located in
St. Katharine's Docks (near the Dickens in and the
Tower of London)  The closest tube station is Tower
hill station.  The service is wonderful and you will
enjoy the beautiful walk through these historic docks.