From:
"R. Hackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 20:29:14 -0800
Hello!  Thanks to all who responded to my Springfield Model 1873 questions.
Your responses aided me greatly. I have one more question about this
rifle.  Can one tell if a gun is a rifle or a carbine by measuring the
barrel length?  If so, the length of the barrel in question is 20.5
inches from the front of the chamber to the muzzle.  Does this length
make it a carbine?  I realize that this is somewhat of a detailed
question, but it never hurts to try!

Thanks a million,
Becky Hackman