From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 09:24:06 +1200
Ellen,

I would hope that the majority of us simply advised you of the problem and
didn't berate you for having a Worm virus on your computer.  It can happen
to anyone.  I personally use a free piece of software - INNOCULATE -  which
I have found superb.  It is available form this direct download address
http://www.yippee.net/isapi/download.dll?isp=1&software=12620  and leaves
some of the better known brands for dead ( a viral pun no less ).

I update it regularly at no cost and would recommend folks could also look
at the review page of YIPPEE at this address:
http://www.yippee.net/html/win/utilities/virusprotection.htm.  I reproduce
it here.
____

InoculateIT Personal Edition is a high quality virus scanning program from
those nice people at Computer Associates. InoculateIT can be active all of
the time like many new virus programs, and you can choose to have your
hard-drive scanned every time you reboot. The problem being, that if you
have a large hard drive it can take _quite_ a while. It is very thorough
though. It has an auto-update feature which allows you to check for new
versions and update your virus definitions and you can create emergency
restore disks etc. All in all InoculateIT Personal Edition is a top quality
virus protection program. Latest release comes with Windows ME Support.
____

With best wishes
Roger

322 downloadable MUSEUM RESOURCES and LINKS in Global Museum's RESOURCES
section http://www.globalmuseum.org