From:
Lori van Handel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 09:53:03 -0500
On Wed, 14 Feb 1996, ERIN E. GAMSE wrote:

> I am trying to purchase a recording hygrothermograph for monitoring
> in a newly restored 1904  building.  Does anyone have any strong
> recommendations for brands and/or suppliers.  Is Belfort in Baltimore
> still in favor?  Any tips or things to watch out for?
>=20
Tips:

Purchase a hair bundle unit if you have few problems with particulate=20
contamination, otherwise, if it is very dusty in the space you will be=20
monitoring, use a unit which has polymer bundle.  I have mey favorite=20
suppliers/products-they are listed below.

Also-don't forget, you will need a psychrometer to calibrate the=20
recording devise!  (You should calibrate OFTEN) (and be sure to change=20
the wick in the psycrometer OFTEN)

anyway, here are my favorite:

January, 1996

Best Prices from suppliers of equipment for monitoring temperature and=20
relative humidity:

Scientific Sales, Inc.
P.O. Box 6725
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
1-800-788-5666

Hygrothermograph=20
Model 5020-A : hygrothermograph with 26-hour/176-hour/31 day battery=20
powered clock and one packet of Model 50202 charts.  Price includes shippin=
$625.00

Cole-Parmer Instrument Company=20
625 E. Bunker Court
Vernon Hills, Illinois 60061
1-800-323-4340

Psychrometer
Catalogue description: Measures relative humidity without agitation-built=
=20
in miniature fan cools wet bulb automatically.  (Fan is powered by three=20
D batteries).  To operate, first allow 1 1/2 -2 minutes response time. =20
Then turn on device for 1 1/2-2 minutes.  Use the included slide rule and=
=20
tables to calculate RH.  A chart on the instrument case also lets you=20
determine dew point.

Choose a =A1F pshychrometer.  It includes one 2-oz. water bottle;=20
psychrometric slide rule, tables, and chart; extra wicking material;=20
instruction manual  and carrying case.  Spare, alcohol-filled=20
thermometers are available.

H-03312-20 Psychrometer, =A1F
this will require 3-D batteries
$135.00