From:
Katie Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2005 13:47:27 -0400
Wow!  I must have caught y'all at lunch!  Thanks so much for all the quick
and helpful responses.  Very good points all.

I do want to clear something up, in my defense!! :) The band came to me and
said they wanted to do a fundraiser for the museum.  Most of the local
re-enactors that I'm expecting to attend belong to the band or a sister
organization.  I did not plan on asking anyone other than the band to "work"
the event, but rather to come and enjoy with everyone else.  (Period
clothing is optional.  Any guest can wear period clothing not just
re-enactors.  But obviously, I was torn about how to charge the
re-enactors.)  I do understand the financial strain of what they do.  It's
their commitment and dedication that has them all so excited about this
event!

I like the idea of a discreetly marketed, limited number of discounted
tickets.  With a couple more "hosts" I can make that work and keep to our
goal while only charging $25 per person for the true re-enactors (not the
mayor who rented a uniform!!).

Thanks so much!

Katie

-----------

Katie Anderson

Museum Director

Rome Area History Museum

305 Broad Street

Rome, GA 30161

706-235-8051

cell 678-908-7751

fax 706-235-6631

www.RomeHistoryMuseum.com

-----------

A new exhibit highlighting the efforts on the home front during WWII is now
open at the Rome Area History Museum.  "World War II: The Home Front"
contains photos and artifacts from the 1940s that tell the story of this
transformational time.  A video containing clips of oral history interviews
with local WWII veterans and civilians is on view in the exhibit.

As a partner of the Library of Congress Veterans History Project, we are
coordinating an oral history project with World War II veterans and
civilians in northwest Georgia.  It is vital that we preserve these stories.
Please contact the Museum to schedule interviews.

The oral history project and exhibit are supported in part by a grant from
the Georgia Humanities Council.