From:
Janet Farber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:12:07 -0400
Ann,
For our private collection, I use Past Perfect and am excessively happy with its ease of use and ability to create or make custom reports.  We do not really have tech support available to us onsite, so a program that is simple to use out of the box was essential.  Past Perfect's own tech support is fantastic and very responsive when the need arises.  It is also very widely used, so you'll likely find a helpful community of experienced users in your own backyard.  Unless your collection rivals the size and complexities of larger museums, I think you'll find the product very robust.  As a bonus, you can download a trial version of it, populate it with some information and run it through its paces to see if you like it before committing to a purchase.
Hope this is helpful.
Janet Farber
Director, Schrager Collection
Omaha, NE