From:
"Hart, John T" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 10:52:12 -0400
Leah,
To borrow on what I've learned from a computer programmer, if you set up permissions on the computer, he refers to them as Group Policies, you can designate who has access to what. For my graduate program, we have two logins available in our lab, one for students, the other for the administrator. As an administrator, the programmer and I can limit the access to the hard-drive, various programs and other things that the college has found that students shouldn't have access to. I'm not sure about the other query, but from my own experience, the two profile system is the way to go; we've had few problems in our lab beacuse of it.

Regards,
John