From:
Geri Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:29:45 -0400
To all of you who have been following this dialogue, here's the reality.
It's a tough but challenging world out there.  Get your act together,
develop good skills, be ready for any challeges; accept that in reality it's
who you know, how you make the connections that's most important in the
museum world.  Learn some basic business and profit-making skills - write
legible and accurate resumes; be articulate; know what you want; will it; be
aggressive, presentable, realistic; go for it.  Museums are businesses -
whether you like it or not.  What do you have to offer?  We place
entry-level and senior management staff in museums across the country. We're
tough - you have to meet our standards.  If you think you can, fax me your
resume and cover letter - and it better be clear, well-written and
realistic. Museums are about hard work. Cheers!  Geri Thomas, Professionals
for NonProfits, Inc., 515 Madison Avenue, Suite 900, New York, New York,
10022; Fax:  212/546-9094.  All the best!