From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:02:33 -0600
Hi Amanda-
Here at the Ranger Museum, we use the UV sleeves. Cost was a huge factor for us.   I'm not sure if they last as long, but we replace the sleeve each time we replace the bulb which prevents them from wearing out.  In addition, we can buy one size and cut them down for the few smaller fixtures that we have.  We also have had some trouble with the rigid tubes used in the past here actually damaging the fixtures over time.

Hope this helps.
Tracie Evans
Collections Manager
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum