From:
Tiffany Charles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:56:03 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

The American Alliance of Museums (AAM) in collaboration with The National WWII Museum, is presenting a local colleague discussion, Direct Care of Collections: What it Means to your Museum, on Monday, September 26, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. until 12 noon to discuss the recently released AAM white paper, Direct Care of Collections: Ethics, Guidelines and Recommendations. We invite you to join us for this important conversation. This is a great opportunity to connect with and learn from local colleagues. There is no cost to attend, but RSVP is requested.

Our goal in hosting this event is to continue providing clarity on the use of deaccessioning proceeds, specifically on what is generally accepted as a definition of direct care.  We encourage attendees to read the white paper prior to the event. Download your copy of the white paper here: http://www.aam-us.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/direct-care-of-collections-ethics-guidelines-and-recommendations-pdf.pdf?sfvrsn=10

The local event at The National WWII Museum consists of:
•	30 minutes for check-in, networking, and informal discussion
•	60 minutes facilitated discussion and activity using an discussion/activity guide provided by AAM
•	30 minutes recap and conclusion

Learn more and RSVP for the National WWII Museum event here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdCBBoC6JPB7U5dY3D5PZnMw_z4bDnIhn_VlXdaz4mtVsgsMA/viewform?c=0&w=1

For additional program and host information, visit the AAM website or contact Greg Stevens at AAM, [log in to unmask]

We look forward to having you join us!

Tiffany Charles
Collections Manager
The National WWII Museum