From:
Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 08:15:34 -0500
When I work with an intern - I try to give them a specific/focused
project that they can participate in the various aspects of.  As an
educator/PR person that might mean - the programming and PR surrounding a
particular exhibit.  One key, is that interns often need something "to
show" for their experience.  My current intern has done the PR for our
newsletter, the regular press on an exhibition.  In addition, she
developed docent training materials, a gallery guide, the invitation, and
a school program for the exhibition.  This type of project gives her a
fuller understanding of the various aspects of education and PR.

the key is to have an attainable educational objective, which can be
evaluated throught the product produced.

Kathrine Walker
Education Coordinator
Beach Museum of Art - Kansas State