From:
Barry Szczesny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 13:08:39 -0400
**URGENT**

AAM NEEDS NONPROFIT POSTAL INFO ASAP!

AAM Government Affairs requests the following information from museums in
order to combat ongoing efforts by the United States Postal Service
(USPS) to restrict museums' ability to use the nonprofit rate:

1.  If your institution has had a nonprofit mailing rejected because it
violated nonprofit eligibility restrictions on, for example, ineligible
advertising or unacceptable references to travel programs or affinity
credit cards.

2.  The dollar amount increase resulting from having to pay the
commercial rate.

3.  If your institution has had a postal deficiency, i.e. a fine for back
postage, assessed on a nonprofit mailing AND the amount.  This happens if
USPS inspectors let a nonprofit mailing through that they subsequently
found violated eligibility restrictions.

If you do not handle postal issues for your institution, please pass this
request on to the person(s) who does.  If at all possible, we would like
this information by 5 pm today, Monday, June 9.  My apologies for the
short notice.

Please contact:

Barry G. Szczesny, Esq.
AAM Government Affairs