From:
Eirik Helleve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:08:21 +0100
Hi,

there is an excellent book covering Snøhetta's architecture, written by the equally excellent author Kjartan Fløgstad, called "Snøhetta. Hus som vil meg hysa" (published by Det Norske Samlaget, [www.samlaget.no] 2003) You have to freshen up your Norwegian before reading it, though.

But since you're looking for information about the library in Alexandria, you will probably have more luck contacting the library itself. Try http://www.sis.gov.eg/alex-lib/html/front.htm

Good luck,

Eirik Helleve
Norway

Emne: Re: Library of Alexandria/Ancient Museums

The Norwegian architecture firm Snohetta won the bid to design the new Library of Alexandria.  I heard the head architect, Craig Dykers, speak Ann Arbor just before it was opened to the public in 2002. The library was built on supposedly the same spot as the famed ancient library, and a great deal of excavation work had to be done on the site. Below is Snohetta's website, although I highly recommend also doing a literature search on the firm to find out more information.

http://www.snoarc.no/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=729

Alison Fried
MLIS Graduate Student
Wayne State University