From:
Anjela Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:24:44 -0400
Heather,

Hootsuite is a great platform for monitoring Twitter accounts. It shows
stats like how many followers you have, how many followers your followers
have, retweets and mentions, as well as the number of click-throughs for
your tweet's URL links.

As for what we look for, we keep track the number of fans and followers for
each of our accounts, the number of mentions and retweets (Twitter), the
number of interactions via Facebook and in some cases (this is trickier to
do), we track new members, donors, class registrations, etc. where we can.
Basically, both are methods of communication with our constituents and a
means of keeping tabs on what is being said about the organization and the
key topics related to our mission.

Best of luck!

Anjela S. Barnes
Marketing and Development Coordinator
Accokeek Foundation
3400 Bryan Point Road | Accokeek, MD 20607
301.283.2113 x34 phone | 301.283.2049 fax | www.accokeek.org

 Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/AccokeekFoundation
Twitter Account: www.twitter.com/Accokeek

The Accokeek Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to land
stewardship, sustainable use of natural resources, and interpretation of the
natural and cultural resources of the Tidewater Potomac.