From:
Rich Remsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:48:22 -0500
As someone who uses rather than provides staff research, I like a
structure where the first hour (or query) is free and there is a charge
after that. In addition to separating people with casual requests from
those with more complicated ones, it allows me to get some idea of what
is there and if it is worth my budget to go deeper without placing an
undue burden on the institution or its staff. If there is a significant
amount of material there, I don't mind paying the fee.

Another thing to consider is if the research will result in
reproduction or licensing fees. If so, is the research fee applicable
to that?

Rich

Rich Remsberg Image Research
243 Union Street, #105