From:
kirsten buchner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:28:30 PDT
Dear Sean,

The question you posted on Museum-L a week ago is most intriguing to us here
at the Institute for Learning Innovation.  In case you are not familiar with
us, we are a non-profit learning research and development organization that
specializes in the development of educational programs and materials for
museums and similar types of organizations.  Because yours is a “House of
Learning,” may I assume that by “elevating the standard of our guides’
presentations” you mean imparting a more cohesive educational message about
the Saudi Aramco Exhibit, in addition to improving the professional delivery
of this message?

Through our research here at the Institute for Learning Innovation, we have
found that the majority of people who go to exhibits and museums go “to
learn” something about that exhibit or museum.  As such, we collaborate with
a variety of organizations to help them create and implement projects that
are both fun and engaging, as well as improve existing programs and
materials for all types of audiences.  Our staff is experienced in
developing all types of educational resources across science, history, and
art disciplines, including: tours and hands-on activities for all ages,
staff training to implement educational materials and resources,
community-based programs, and discipline-based activities for school
children.

We are interested in finding out more about your project.  Please let us
know how we can be of assistance to you in this important endeavor.  You may
also find out more about us at our website: www.ilinet.org.  I look forward
to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Kirsten Sabina Büchner, M.A.
Institute for Learning Innovation
166 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Tel. (410) 268-5149
Fax (410) 268-2179

Hi folks,

Excuse the cross-postings but I have a question that spans both worlds. Here
at the Saudi Aramco Exhibit in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia we have a group who are
responsible for taking school groups and visitors to the company facilities
on guided tours. My director wants to know if there is anyone in the US who
trains people for this sort of job who might be prepared to work with us on
preparing a training program to elevate the standard of our guides'
presentations. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.