From:
Jennifer Jaskowiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 08:18:47 -0800
We are part of a university, thus, staff vacations accumulate per the
university policies.

Vacation time is earned as follows, for regular, full-time, permanent staff:

1st-4th year of employment:  .833 working days per month or two weeks per year
  maximum accrual is four weeks
5th -9th year:  1.25 working days per month or three weeks per year
  maximum accrual is six weeks
10th year or more:  1.67 working days per month or four weeks
  maximum accrual is eight weeks

Employees also receive five personal (non-vacation days) per year, and the
university has nine (free) holidays each year.

There is a pro-rated system in place for employees on 50, 60 and 80% time
schedules.

Sick time is accrued at one working day per month, maximum accrual is 12
working days, then disability kicks in.

Note that this schedule does not necessarily apply to faculty.

I hope that this helps.

Jennifer Jaskowiak
Curator
Fisher Gallery, University of Southern California