From:
Adrienne DeAngelis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:32:21 -0800
Anyone who sees inappropriate conduct in any type of shop should contact
the manager; better yet, write to the organization/store.  The rule of
thumb is that for every one complainer there are at least ten who had the
same experience but didn't formally complain.
        To me, it sounds like at best the ss is a quick, non-involving way
to solve problems that, I will bet, the supervisor already knew existed to
some degree. Most of the people on this list work at small museums; how
can bad conduct go unnoticed? Are these museums so corrupted that only
the stranger's comment will be noticed? The ss takes advantage of this
reluctance to see certain problems and, as I first said, often exaggerates
them to make their services worth their charge.

A. DeAngelis