From:
Martin Sagara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 14:44:11 GMT
I'm a volunteer at a new (almost 2 years) Aerospace Museum in Denver, CO
and we have recently received a number of requests from local educators
that would like to develop a "student participation" relationship with
the museum.  This goes beyond the standard guided tour activity to more
in-depth involvement.  The problem is, most teachers don't know what
they have in mind and we are a little short on ideas for starting this
kind of program.  Most of our staff are retired military or technical
professionals and we have little experience in the "school activity"
area.

We would greatly appreciate any information or ideas on activities other
museums have developed to involve K-12 students.

Thanks in advance!

Martin Sagara                                "Never before have so many,
Research Associate                            understood so little,
Wings Over The Rockies Air and Space Museum   about so much"
Hangar No. 1, Old Lowry AFB
Denver, Colorado  USA                         James Burke speaking about
(303) 360-5360                                technology in "Connections"
http://www.abwam.com/air&space