From:
Lisa Mervyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 21:35:52 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Claudia Oaks
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Do any of you know of a good travelling exhibit on whales, about
> 3,000 square feet?  We can adapt to a slightly larger square footage
> if we find one we like.  Thanks.

Claudia, I know this will be too big, but I thought I'd mention it
anyway.  The Pacific Science Center created an 8-10,000 square foot
traveling exhibition with five robotic whales, all to scale: a narwhal,
orca, sperm whale, front half of a gray whale, and a portion of a
humpback. The whales are complemented by hands-on interactive components,
graphics, etc. The exhibition is just leaving Atlanta for a 30 month tour
of Australia.  After that the venues are undecided.
For more information contact
Leila Wielke, Traveling Exhibits Coordinator, Pacific Science Center,
206 443-3624.

Also, you might check with the Monterey Bay Aquarium - someone here thinks
they may have had a traveling whale exhibit.

Good luck in your search!
Cheers, Lisa Mervyn

--
Aldrich/Pears Associates
Research, planning and design for exhibit facilities and media