From:
Heidi Campbell-Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:57:55 -0500
Wow! This sounds almost exactly like our situation. We have a Liebert in our
textile room which is part of a larger storage facility. The other units
(not Liebert) are working fine. We have been struggling with the Liebert
representatives and engineers to get them to make it work right for nearly
three years - we want the temp to be about 62 degrees and the humidity to be
around 45 percent, not an unreasonable request for such a unit. The unit has
been so unreliable that I have yet to put one thread into storage there. The
Liebert people have tried everything to make it look like it is our fault
the system doesn't work e.g. the building isn't tight, the roof leaks, the
system isn't designed right (they had to back off that claim when we pointed
out it was their engineers that designed it). We are now waiting for summer
to arrive once more to see if the unit will work, it has no problem
maintaining the temp/humidity during the drier winter months but cannot seem
to manage the dehumidifying task adequately.  With such an expensive system
you don't want to resort to a $50 dehumidifier from Sears - which was also
suggested at one point.

Heidi Campbell-Shoaf
Curator
Historical Society of Frederick County