From:
Bonni Michaels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:52:03 -0400
We are trying to establish a policy for people (other than security staff)
to work when the museum is open nights and weekends, and would like to know
whether there are any models out there.

What personnel is involved?  Is the presence of: the Collections Curator,
Registrar, Director, Office Manager or Curator of Education required during
evening or weekend hours? How do/did you decide who works these hours?  Is
this done in rotation of some sort?  For example, does every staff member
work one weekend day and one evening a month?  Do staff members work these
hours in addition to a normal (40 hour) work week, and if so, is this
considered part of the job?  If not, does the staff member exchange a
weekday for a weekend day, or get some form of comp time?

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can share guidelines or a written
policy with me.  Please respond directly, as my Museum-L text is frequently
garbled.
Sincerely,
Bonni-Dara Michaels
Curator, Museum Registrar