From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:46:10 -0400
While tape recording (sometimes even videotaping) meetings of boards may be
required by law in some states, I wonder if it useful.  The best "minutes"
are those that simply record the motions made and actions taken (in addition
to who attended) and attach whatever documents were reviewed by the board -
including staff reports.  "Minutes" that try to incorporate a narrative of
who said what, and so forth, are far in excess of any institution's need.
(I haven't had much luck persuading any board members of this, however.)
Ross Weeks Jr.
Historic Crab Orchard Museum & Pioneer Park
Tazewell, Va.
http://histcrab.netscope.net