From:
Geoff Holden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 1994 10:14:54 +1100
We are contemplating a display for 1996 which will hopefully include some
mummies (Egyptian, Peruvian and possibly Chinese). The exhibition area
concerned has air conditioning which could only be described as medium
quality - and it would cost much too much to upgrade it to a highest
quality level. Sooooo - we are wondering if it is practical to put the
mummies in a very large display case which IS properly controlled. But I
wonder if there is a possibility of misting on the glass, either on the
outside surface or the inside. Would double glazing help?

Has anyone any experience in this area? We would welcome comments,
experiences and even "but surely you realize that"s.

Geoff Holden
Curator of Communications and some very odd projects indeed
Scienceworks
Museum of Victoria
Australia